BoneKare® is a bone health and soft tissue vitamin supplement for horses of every age.
BoneKare® is an edible daily vitamin supplement for all horses, but especially those:
- Horses whose daily diet lacks fresh, quality green pastures
- Horses with neck, shoulder and back issues
- Horses with pre-existing or at-risk of bone disorders and injuries
- Broodmares in foal
- Post-surgical and healing horses
- Developing and aging equines
- Have competition lifestyles
Horses removed from Vitamin K1-rich green pasture and brought into a stall regime have demonstrated a reduction in bone density within just 7-10 days! They should be given BoneKare.
Vitamin K1 is naturally available in fresh growing green pasture, but it is highly unstable, being degraded by UV light, and loses most of its potency within hours after being cut for hay. Using BoneKare® every day promotes optimal bone and soft tissue health for your horse.
Low K1 can result in:
- Bruising within the foot
- Bone bruising
- Arthritic changes
- Osteochondrosis (OCD) bone and cartilage disease in Yearlings
- Developmental Orthopedic Disease (DOD) in Yearlings
- Dorsal Metacarpal Disease (DMD)/Bucked Shins in 2-year-olds
- Slow healing